Monday, June 25, 2007

Where has the time gone!

Wow, what a couple of weeks. I have just had my best girlfriend from Australia visiting for 10 days. Babs and I go way back, well not that WAY BACK as to make us look old......but way back enough. We actually didn't like each other at school, she was a cool jock and I was a choir member, non sporting, dork! I think that about covers it.

We spent the last week out looking around San Diego, shopping and catching up. She was a real trooper as we couldn't get out of town because of school etc. I had also arranged a surprise Birthday Party for a close friend and Babs was bloody fantastic at helping me get everything ready. We had arranged with her husband, who is in Iraq for a year, to have a ring made featuring the Birth Stones of each of her children, hers and her husbands. We had to find out her ring size, figure out the style and then get it ordered and delivered in 1 week........the CIA could not have pulled this off with as much precision. I had asked her and another friend over for dinner so she had no idea that there would be 8 of her closest friends for a 4 course sit down dinner outside, with champagne and a pretty good meal (if I do say so myself). We had also had a poster collage of photos made up, pics from family around the USA, another logistical milestone....and a live video hookup with her husband, which if you know me, the technically challenged chick, was impressive to say the least. She walked in and her husband was on the computer screen and then told her we had a present for her!!!!! Worked like clockwork, except the ring was 48 hours late and we had to use a note and similar ring...........it was worth all the work for the look on her face when she saw her husband.

Apart from the party, we also had Gym for Allie, the beginning Summer Preschool, registration for Kindergarten, work, work, work and the usual Wednesday night BBQ, Friday night Cocktails, washing of cars, mowing of lawns, cleaning of house etc, etc, etc.

Oh, did I mention the day of shopping with Babs..........we did us girls proud.....!

Anyway, will try and be a better blogger over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A great article indeed and a very detailed, realistic and superb analysis, of this issue, very nice write up.
Thanks!
Custom boat covers